Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Who Knew Salad Could Be So Complex?

Earlier this month, I had the awesome privilege of attending a food styling workshop with the amazing @runwithtweezers (Ms. Tami Hardeman), food stylist extraordinaire. As the designated food stylist for Black Tie and just being a natural perfectionist, I wondered how much I’d really learn at an afternoon workshop. Boy was I over-confident! We only worked on a salad, but Tami broke that salad down like it was the most complicated entrĂ©e ever plated. And I realized that the skills I thought I had were minor in comparison. She had tools, strategies and secrets that were well worth the price of admission.

In addition to learning some really cool tricks, I met a great group of “foodies” and together, we had the opportunity to try those tricks out ourselves. Though it was a styling workshop, in some ways it was a photography course as well. We talked about proper angles to shoot from and simple tools that help you get the best shot of your plate. By the end, I was ready to sign up for Part II. So, if you love food as art and have a free Sunday afternoon, please check out Tami’s styling workshop. You won’t regret it! You can find Tami at: www.tamihardeman.com or on her blog http://www.runningwithtweezers.com/


by LaToyin Rollins


No comments:

Post a Comment